Welcome to the Mapua and Districts Business Association’s website.
The Mapua and District Business Association was founded in 1992 to provide a single forum for small businesses to relate to each other, to other local associations and to lobby Council on a range of issues affecting our area.
The recent rapid and accelerating growth of the entire district and the opening of the By-pass present new and continuing challenges for our active Association.
Our aims are:
- To provide business support and networking opportunities for members to share ideas, successes, plans and to discus local issues.
- To promote our business members within the local community and to visitors to the Region.
- To liaise with Council in conjunction with other local community groups on issues affecting the area.
- To be of service to our community
- To maintain this website, produce the Community Directory and to encourage and support local activities, events and projects which benefit the Ruby Coast Moutere Hills region.
What does the Mapua and Districts Business Association Do?
The MDBA holds regular meetings on a variety of topics which are free for members to attend.
Offers opportunities for members to advertise and promote their business to the wider community. Again many of these opportunities are offered to members at no cost to their business.
Annually the MDBA produces a Community Telephone Directory. Advertising in this Directory is sold exclusively to member businesses. This incredibly useful local guide is delivered FREE to around 1,800 households in the area. As well as an advertising section of local businesses, the directory also features a valuable community information reference section, a map, and the local residential telephone numbers.
The MDBA maintains a community notice board located inside the Mapua Village Mall. This enables members to display their brochures for the public to look at and take away. (A small annual charge applies for this opportunity).
The MDBA produces a map of the local district for the benefit of visitors to the area. The map is available as sheets of 50 per pad or as folded DLE brochures and is available free from many outlets and visitor locations throughout the wider Nelson Region. Advertising space is reserved for members only.